Thursday, July 17, 2014

E.L.F Snow White Limited Edition Collection


So who else knew E.L.F was coming out with another Disney Princess collection? My walgreens put this out just this morning, and I had to pick up the whole collection. In case you haven't guessed, the collection is Snow White, my personal favorite! The prices range from $4.99-$9.99, and these are a limited edition Walgreens collection.
Please forgive the quality of the pictures. I lost the cable to my camera, but I wanted to get this collection up as quickly as possible.





First off , The Fairest Of Them All Beauty Book. It includes 7 eyeshadows, 1 eye primer, one mini eyeliner, a sponge tip applicator, a blush, mini blush brush, and mini lip gloss. I'll be honest, I mostly picked up this collection for the collectors stand point. The book looks adorable sitting on a vanity! Overall, I'm not impressed with the quality of the shadows. Way to sheer! I could barely get any color from them, and even the darker shades came out very faint and chalky. The eyeliner is a nice dark black, rather dry though. The blush comes out pretty orange looking, not exactly the rosy Snow White cheeks you would think of. the gloss is a pretty color, very dry formula though! The mini blush brush is rather pointless, it's to small to blend the blush properly. If your in a pinch, you could use it as a cheekbone highlighter brush since it's so small and precise.






Next we have the eye collection. You get a palette of 6 eyeshadows, the lengthening and defining mascara in black, and a double ended sponge applicator. 
The shadows in this palette do have a little more pigmentation. I keep getting the same problem as in the beauty book, they shadows are just very chalky! I haven't tried the mascara before. It has a more tradition brush.



Out of everything I picked up, this lip trio set is the best quality wise. You get a stain, gloss, and balm (swatch photo, top to bottom, stain, gloss, balm). I was very impressed with the balm! It's a very pretty deep red, just the color I would think of when thinking of lips red as blood! The balm is more of a rusty red color, and the gloss is more of a sheer plummy red. I really feel like this collection doesn't suit the colors of snow white! I'm expecting dark, rich, blood reds. 




The face collection is by far the worse of the lot. I have very pale skin, and I couldn't even get the blush to show up for the camera! The bronzer is pretty muddy and sheer. The blush is just pointless, to chalky! Their just isn't any color to it. Yet again, I feel like E.L.F is missing the point of a Snow White collection. It would have been great to see a more reddish blush! I also don't get the point of a bronzer. Snow White has skin as white as snow, I doubt she'd use a bronzer! 




Lastly we have a brush collection. You get 4 brushes and a case. It comes with a powder brush, blush brush, foundation brush, and eyeshadow brush. With exception to the eyeshadow brush, they are pretty scratchy and cheap. The foundation brush is a no go, way to flimsy to be able to get a blended application. The powder and blush brushes are okay, not horrible but not great. I do love the eyeshadow brush though! It's been a favorite of mine for years! It's great to pack on shadow colors on the lid.
You also get a little case/stand with the set. It's super cute, but very flimsy and cheaply made, which was disappointing!

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with this collection. First of all, I feel like the colors are all wrong. Maybe I'm over thinking it, but I want to see colors that are relevant to the character. Such as a yellow and blue eye shadow for her dress, a deep red lip color, a reddish blush, etc. Also quality wise, it's pretty bad. Now I do love some E.L.F products, the Studio Line has some pretty good quality products for the price! I wish they would have done a better job with the pigmentation and the chalky fall out!

Are you planning on picking up anything from this collection? You might want to act quickly, it is limited edition, so once it's gone, it's gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment