Saturday, June 28, 2014

E.L.F Disney Ariel Collection



So I finally got my hands on this collection! This is a limited edition from E.L.F, and it's only carried at Walgreens. In the collection they have a lip trio, brush set, false lashes, duo shadows, a beauty book, and a bonzer. They retail from $4.99-$9.99. I picked up the bronzer and beauty book. I could tell just by looking at the brush set that the brushes weren't that great of quality, I also passed on the lip trio just because it didn't stand out as anything unique. I also passed on the shadow duos, I just wasn't interested in the colors.





I LOVE the packaging for the bronzer! It's honestly the main reason I bought it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Ariel image is actually a part of the compact as opposed to being a sticker. This bronzer (named Surfs Up) also comes with a mini kabuki brush which isn't to amazing. It's too small and compact to really be able to blend well, and it's not the softest brush I've seen from E.L.F. I love that the bronzer has spots of a gold highlight shade. You can either mix the colors to create a lighter, shimmery bronzer, or use it separately as a highlight. In the swatch photo, the swatch on the left is the bronzer alone, next to it is the highlight alone, and on the bottom it's mixed. The bronzer is nicely pigmented and it's not chalky. It is shimmery though, so I wouldn't advise using it as a contour. 







I am also in love with the packaging for the Treasure Within Beauty Book. It's nice and sturdy, it's a thick book that will look super cute sitting on your vanity. It has a mirror and a fold out section where you get the instructions for 2 different looks (a lighter daytime look, and a darker nighttime look). In the book you get 1 eye brush, 1 mini bronzer/blush brush, a lip gloss, 2 bronzers, and 9 eyeshadows. Not bad for under $10! I love the eyeshadow brush, I have used it for years and even keep some in my freelance makeup artist kit. It's great quality, and you can buy it on it's only for only one dollar! The mini bronzer/blush brush is pretty pointless, it's way to small and flat. It could possibly be used for highlighter though, since it's so small. The lip gloss (Go on and kiss the girl) is decent. Not amazing but not horrible. The 2 bronzers are nice and pigmented and soft. The eyeshadows are a bit hit or miss. The lighter shades tend to be a little chalky and not very pigmented. Over all, the shadows aren't the best things I've tried. They would definately work better with a base, such as NYX's jumbo pencil in milk, or even just a good eye primer to help bring out the colors.

All and all, I'm happy with my purchase. The bronzer is just plain cute and the beauty book has a great variety of colors are products. It's nice for people who travel, since they can easily have an entire eye, lip, and bronzer look from one palette. You could even use the Seashell shade lightly as a blush if you're stressed for space in your suitcase! 

If you plan on getting this collection, act fast since it is limited edition! You may be able to get it on drugstore.com or the walgreens website depending on if they restocked it or not. 

2 comments: