Monday, June 16, 2014

Jason Wu For Lancome


I've been looking forward to this collection for awhile now! I love Jason Wu, and I love Lancome. What else could be better? Well, I'll tell you what could be better, sitting out by the pool with a hot cabana boy fanning me and bringing me a vodka and cranberry blush, handing me a towel....okay back to the subject.

This collection features 3 eyeshadow palettes, 2 blushes, nailpolish, 2 lipsticks, a brush, mascara, and liner, all in the limited edition Jason Wu packaging.





I decided to pick up the Disco Color Design Shadow Palette, and the Blush Subtil in Pressed Rose.



I love Lancome eyeshadows for the most part (some of the glitter shades have major fall out though). This palette lived up to my expectation. The colors are beautiful. These colors all have a glitter to them, so beware if glitter isn't your thing. I love the green, it's actually a duochorm with hints of gold. The cream color shade is a beautiful highlight/inner corner color, it's a little chalky though. The brown compliments the green nicely, and it's as glitter packed as the other shades. The blue/silver shade is a fun color, it seems a little misplaced next to the green and brown, but it's always fun to try something different. There is also a black shade, which I think is way to overdone in palettes like this. I'd prefer to see a lighter brown perhaps to have a transition shade.




I was surprised when I saw that the highlight was a cream, I didn't know that it was. I was guessing that they were both powders. Honestly, I'm over the whole cream and powder in the same compact thing. The powder always ends up sticking to the cream, making it not only look gross, but causing the products to mix. Lancome should take pointers from other brands such as Dior and The balm that cover the cream products when it's in a palette. I do love the shades though. The blush is a perfect mauve, and the highlight is a pretty light shimmery pink with gold undertones. Now call me crazy, but the blush smells like rose hand soap to me! Anyone else notice that?

Are you planning on getting anything from this collection? It is limited edition, so I'd hurry! 

Well, I'm off to catch up on some Doctor Who. Netflix just released a new season, bring on the Whovian marathon!

So long my lovely bitches, till next time, stay sophisticated.

4 comments:

  1. great thanks Amanda, Like the colors but at my age would not look good on me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the eye shadow palette called "Alpha Dahlia." OMG it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all so pretty, I had a hard time choosing which one to get!

      Delete