Saturday, May 24, 2014

Review: Enkore Brush Soap


In a post earlier, I showed the items I got from Enkore Makeup. I used the brush soap right after writing the post, so I wanted to make sure I followed up with a review.

First thing I noticed right off the  bat was the packaging. I'm a little worried it won't hold up to being open and closed often. The little piece of plastic that keeps the lid and container connected doesn't seem very sturdy. The other thing I noticed as soon as I opened the soap was the scent. I got the mango, and wow it smells amazing! It made my bathroom smell amazing while I was washing my brushes. Enkore does offer an unscented version as well, which is great if you're using this brushes that you use on clients (if you're a makeup artist), since some people may be sensitive to fragrances.



As you can see from the pictures, one side is the soap and the other has a loofah embedded in it. At first I was skeptical if the loofah would actually make a difference or not.....it makes a difference! When I started using it, I at first just used the soap, and then I though the brush was clean. I then used the loofah side, and was shocked to see how much makeup will still on the brush that I though was clean!


Yuck look at all those dirty brushes! 



As you can see from this picture, the loofah really "grabs" the makeup from the bristles, making a huge difference in how clean your brushes are!


Boy it always makes me feel better when my brushes are all clean!

So, to wrap up this review. I love this soap! Price wise ($10), it's an okay price. I love that it's sulfate free, and that it's antibacterial. I also like that it not only cleans my brushes, but it actually conditions them which is important life wise for the brushes. I love the loofah, I can't get over what a difference it makes. The only downside is the packaging. I would prefer a container with a screw on lid, I feel like this container won't last the life of the soap.
Overall, I'll be buying a new one when this one runs out! I can't wait to try out other fragrances!

So my sophisciated bitches, how do you wash your brushes? Would you, or have you, tried Enkore's brush soap? Let me know about it in the comments down below!
Well I'm off to, heck, I don't even know what I'm off to, but on that note, good night!


The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.
Oscar Wilde




No comments:

Post a Comment