Thursday, May 29, 2014

Summer"ize" Your Makeup

Okay, I hate, HATE the summer. I don't like the sun, I don't like being hot, and I don't like my makeup sliding off my face! Here are some of my favorite summer makeup items.

First off, to keep your makeup looking great all day, use a primer. My two favorites are Cliniques Superprimer, and Lancomes La Base. Hard Candy has a great primer too if you're looking for a drugstore alternative. 



BB creams, CC creams, and tinted moistures are great if you're looking for a light-medium coverage, but if you're a little skin conscious like I am, a powder foundation is the way to go. It will still feel light on your skin and it's quick to apply, but you'll get a better coverage. My two favorites are Bare Minerals READY SPF 20 Foundation (medium to full coverage), and MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural (light-moderate coverage). I use either the Bare Minerals flat top kabuki brush or Sedona Lace 928 to apply the powder. Using a dense kabuki will also help give a fuller coverage.


For cheeks I tend to stay away from shimmery blush and highlighters during the summer since my skin tends to already have a "glow" from being extra oily during the hotter months. Stains are a great way to go. They are long lasting and give you a natural flush. Benefit's Benetint is a long time classic. A cheaper alternative is the Ulta brands cheek tint in Tickled.


For eyes I like to keep it quick and simple. I love using a cream type shadow, you get color and longevity. Maybelline Color Tattoos, just as the name claims, lasts all day. Clinique Chubby Sticks for eyes are another one of my favorites. Since they come in a stick form, it's super easy to use.



I love having a bright pop of color for my eye makeup during the summer. Using a colored liner is a great way to bring in color without it being "too much". You can use these liners as usual, or you can use them on your waterline for an unexpected pop of color. I also included a creamy chocolate brown if you aren't in to color. Switching to a brown can really lighten up your makeup look. These are some of my favorite liners that don't budge all day. 
(L-R) Urban Decay 24/7 in Flipside. Lancome Kohl in Love in Final Bow Brown. L'oreal Extra-Intense in Violet. Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof liner in Emerald Sparkle.  


Waterproof mascara is a must during hot summer days! You won't get panda eyes with a good waterproof mascara. I've been using Maybellines The Rocket Volume Express lately. It's not the best mascara, but it's a great price and easy to find.




I love lip products that feel moisturizing and non-sticky. For some reason, I just love a pink lip during the summer. It's just fun!
(Left to right) NYX Mega Shine Gloss in Dolly Pink, Revlons Just Bitten stain in Passion, Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte in #11.


To top everything off, and make your makeup budge proof, a setting spray is a must have. I've been a huge fan of Urban Decays setting spray for years. De-slick and Chill are my favorites.

So how do you summer"ize" your makeup? Any tips or tricks? Let me know in the comments below! 
Well my sophisticated bitches, I'm off to get some dinner and watch some stupid bridal reality show. Have a fab evening bitches!

2 comments:

  1. I see LancĂ´me's Kohl in Love! :) Using brown instead of black in the summer is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it's my favorite! ;) I've been into softer looks lately, so using the brown looks really nice!

      Delete