Saturday, August 30, 2014

Battle Of The Liners

I recently did a blog post about my favorite nude drugstore liner from Rimmel London. I also mentioned in that post about the black liner they had (the shade is 001), and how it's almost identical in color to Urban Decays Prevision 24/7 liner. 
The more I thought about it, swatched them, and compared them, I realized that the Rimmel London is almost an exact dupe! 



Both liners have the same style and look. They are both pencil liners that need to be sharpened. They even look very similar. 
The Urban Decay 24/7 liners retail for $20, and the Rimmel London retails between $4-6 depending on where you get it (Walmart is the cheapest at only $3.97!)

Color and texture wise, they are almost exactly the same. Here is a swatch, UD is the one on the left. They are both creamy, which is great when using them in the waterline and/or the tightline area of the eye. It's also nice since you can smudge them out if you want a more smokey look. Once they set, they are there to stay! I've been wearing both in my tightline area to test of the staying power. I can proudly say I've worn both for 8+ hours without a problem! Right after I put them on, my eyes do water sometimes (not because of the liner itself, I tend to have very watery eyes), so I get a smidge of transfer on my waterline. I do notice I get a tiny bit more transfer with the Rimmel, but not enough to complain about.  

After I swatched them, I took a baby wipe and scrubbed my hand. You can see a tiny trace of the UD still left, but they both were pretty much gone. The lasting power of both of these liners is amazing! I had to really scrub my hand to get them off. Through out the day I don't have to worry about touching up my eyeliner when I wear either one of these.


All and all, if you're looking for a dark black liner with great staying power, but you don't want to spend the money, I'd check out Rimmel London! They also have some other great colors, including the perfect nude and a great deep navy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment