Friday, August 15, 2014

Splurge Friday!

It's Splurge Friday! I thought I'd start this series off with one of my all time favorite splurge items. I've written about it briefly in other blog posts, but it definitively deserves it's own review.
So, for the first Splurge Friday, I choose.......Yves Saint Laurent's Rouge Volupte Shine. These retail for $35 and comes in 19 shades.


Rouge In Danger is a deep strawberry red. It pulls ever so slightly an orange on me, but it's very wearable on my skin color (NW10).



 Shade 11 (bottom swatch) is a pretty fuchsia pink. I love how it pops against my pale skin. This is a shade I can see working on almost every skin shade.



First off, the packaging is amazing. It's heavy and feels expensive and luxurious. The gold along with the YSL logo and small section of color is beautiful. I must admit, I feel like a pretty sophisticated bitch pulling this baby out of my purse!


The formula and feel is the main reason I love this lipstick. Its a gloss finish without the feel of a sticky, heavy gloss. You get the color and depth of a lipstick, but the sheen of a gloss. It feels smooth and almost moisturizing on the lips. It's super easy to touch up. Even with these vibrant colors, it's not hard to touch up quickly. They don't dry your lips out, or leave flakes or dry spots on your lips. 
I also love the color range, they have everything from subtle nudes to shocking fuchsias. 
Of course with a $34 price point it's a splurge, but it's sometimes nice to save up and buy something special that you wouldn't normally get.

No comments:

Post a Comment