Thursday, August 21, 2014

Ulta Gift With Purchase



I know I'm a little behind on this gift! It started on the 3rd of the month, and will end August 30th (or until supplies run out). I still wanted to do a post about it though, for those of you who haven't gotten a chance to pick it up yet!

You receive a 15 piece set when you purchase $19.50 worth of Ulta cosmetics, brushes, nail polish, etc.
They have 3 sets to choose from, Classic (my choice), Modern, or Trend.
Each gift comes with a makeup bag, mini polish, eyeliner, mini gloss, 3 brushes, full size mascara, lipstick, shadow primer, 3 eyeshadow quads, a bronzer or blush duo, and glitter eyeshadow top coat.


I haven't had a chance to use much of the Ulta brand cosmetic line, so I was excited to get this gift!
The eyeshadows are better quality then I expected. For the most part, the pigmentation is pretty good, and I like the soft texture. The glitter shadow top coat is pretty chunky. I love the color (put a ring on it), but I can tell it will take some effort to make it look nice. 
Sadly the bronzer has almost no pigmentation. 


The gloss and lipstick seem decent. I love the color of the gloss, but sadly when I got my gift, the gloss had spilled out making a mess! Plus around the opening of the gloss, it's all gunked up from the spilled gloss.
The lipstick is more of a sheer glossy finish. Reminds me of the finish of  Maybelline Baby Lips balm. You get a sheen, but little color.


Again, another disappointment! The brush "set" I got was filthy! They bristles were covered in dust! You get a blush brush (not amazing, but soft and nice for traveling), a sponge tip applicator brush (pretty pointless), and an eyeshadow brush (very hard, feels more like a mini concealer brush).
You also get the eye primer which looks promising! A pretty mini nail polish, a mascara, and an eyeliner (doesn't look to great). I haven't had a chance to play with these items yet, but everything other then the liner looks decent.


Here are a few swatches of some of the eyeshadows, the glitter top coat, gloss, and lipstick. 

Most of all, I'm impressed with the eyeshadows. I'm looking forward to trying them out. I was very disappointed with the brushes, gloss, and liner though.

Overall, I wouldn't run out just to get something to get this gift. It's not that amazing. If you need some Ulta brand items, it's a fun extra. I wouldn't go out and get something just for the point of getting the bag though. It just isn't that amazing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment